M.U.C.H. was created to fill a discernible and distressing void: homelessness, basic human needs such as housing and family stability that were not being fully met in the Garland community by other civic, government, charitable and religious entities.
The primary focus
of M.U.C.H. is to prevent homelessness to those who have a verifiable need, and meet the M.U.C.H. criteria:
• families with children
• families that include senior adults
• displaced teens
• single adults
M.U.C.H. currently participates in:
• Charitable activities, such as job fairs and Unity Fest
• Summer Arts and Athletic Program for Youth and Children
M.U.C.H. serves as Administrator for two significant grant programs in conjunction with the City of Garland and Dallas County:
• Essential Services Grant, (ESG)
• Homeless Prevention Grant, (HPRP)
M.U.C.H. has served:
• Over 600 families
• Thousands of individuals
• 1500 youth through a partnership with Mt. Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, its Summer Arts Camp, Day Care, and Academy
Current plans include:
• Creation of housing opportunities for low to moderate income residents in Garland and the surrounding community
• Support neighborhood growth and empowerment
• Fund raising efforts to provide financial support to the M.U.C.H. Development Coalition
M.U.C.H. is separate from Mt. Hebron Missionary Baptist Church, but the church has been supportive of the development of M.U.C.H. through member participation and in-kind support.
The current Board of Directors has decided to expand the Board to invite others within the community to partner in the growth of M.U.C.H. The Board is seeking individuals who:
• have a history of working within the community
• share the desire and committment to contribute to the growth and sustainability of M.U.C.H.
• willingly accept the Christian principles under which M.U.C.H. was founded.
Mt. Hebron Urban Community Housing, Inc.(M.U.C.H.) is a charitable, non-profit organization. It was incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas and recognized as being tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
MU.C.H.'s Tax exempt number is 75-2890240
M.U.C.H.'s Dun & Bradstreet number is 790549120
M.U.C.H. Currently banks with Comerica Bank
Aaron H. Gaddis